Question Help with 2006 Saturn Ion

U

Unregistered

My 14 month old is finally outgrowing her infant seat. I'm guessing we have another 2 months to go. I'm driving a 06 Saturn Ion quad coupe, only 2 seats in the back. Her brother is 4, in a Graco Extend2Fit with a lot of room to go, if he stays on his chart, he should size to FF around 6 1/2 or so. The fun of very petite children. He's behind the passenger.

I love the Graco, but there's no way it fits behind driver. I need another 2" of room. I figure a seat with lower limits will get us to her brother going FF and they can swap sides.

Or I give up, put her in the Graco and move him to a FF seat behind driver.

Thanks!
Erica

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Erica. Have you tried putting your son behind the driver in a very upright recline? If you want to put him FF behind the driver, a Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier would be good choices.

A small seat that might work well for your 14 mo would be the Cosco Scenera NEXT. It tends to take up the same amount of space as an infant seat and is easy to install. The nice thing is it's about $40 at Wal-Mart.

U

Unregistered

If it's more upright, it doesn't fit well on the seat. It overhangs pretty badly.

However, we did find seats that fit better. Namely the Nuna Rava. Which was embarrassingly easy to install. 4 year old sat in it while we tried other seats - and Mr I Do Not Nap In Car Seats fell asleep in the parking lot.

While they are expensive, I like the side impact protection. Plus, given the semi frequent road trips, a seat he will sleep in is worth the price.

2 are on order, phew!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC