Convertible Recommendations Please

brightredmtn

Hi Guys! It's been a while I know :).

DD needs a convertible. Currently we have a 2009 Honda CRV and a 2015 Toyota Camry. We'll spend whatever, well preferably under $300, but I'm totally out of the loop on current convertibles.

DD is 60% for height but DH is 6'5" so she may sprout up at some point. We extended RF so a long shell is useful but this doesn't have to be her last seat ever... On the point of DH, because of his height he needs the seat he's sitting in to be pushed all the way back. In our current set up in both cars he can't sit in the passenger seat. Not sure if a RF seat would ever allow for this in a car that isn't gigantic. We'll likely be replacing the Honda in the next few months with something bigger but whatever we get will have to work in it until then.

I don't love seats that are super high up (Fnoof) but I may be incorrectly thinking they would impact visibility.

In the past I've had Britax and Diono. I'm a former tech so I can figure out a challenging install.

Thanks for any suggestions!

ADS

zavyirsdaddy

I'd check out the graco extend to fit. Super easy to install, and it doesn't take a whole lot of front to back space when rear facing. Also, if your LO shoots up in height it'll give you the option to extend up to 5 inches in leg room.

Dillipop

We have a Graco Extend2fit rearfacing in a 2006 Honda Accord with the passenger seat in front of it fully back. There is even an inch of space between the car seat and the vehicle seat. It is installed upright for a 2.5 year old but not as upright as it could be. We do not have the panel out at all.

brightredmtn

Thanks for the responses!

How is the harness adjustor? I hate the one on DD's CC40 ��.

I'd check out the graco extend to fit. Super easy to install, and it doesn't take a whole lot of front to back space when rear facing. Also, if your LO shoots up in height it'll give you the option to extend up to 5 inches in leg room.

We have a Graco Extend2fit rearfacing in a 2006 Honda Accord with the passenger seat in front of it fully back. There is even an inch of space between the car seat and the vehicle seat. It is installed upright for a 2.5 year old but not as upright as it could be. We do not have the panel out at all.

lgenne

My sister hates the adjuster on her Extend2Fit. The trick is to pull down on the splitter plate (the metal thing on the back that the harness loops hook onto) before tightening.

The Extend2Fit 3-in-1 is also very compact and has an easier harness adjuster. Also, you can use the harness pads forward facing. It's a BRU exclusive.

Dillipop

I have had no issues with the harness adjuster. I do reach around and use the splitter plate to help tighten sometimes but I find I need to do that with most rearfacing seats.

brightredmtn

We got an Extend2Fit today! The harness was great! No issues like DD's CC 40. I would like something more premium with anti rebound or a RF tether for her primary seat in my car but this will be fine in DH's car. I could install it behind his seat pushed all the way back with room to spare!

Now I'm leaning towards a Britax Boulevard ClickTight for my car. I initially thought I didn't need a CT since I don't have any issue installing a regular Britax and to save the money but it looks like the CT has two more inches of RF torso room and the shell is more compact. For a hot second I thought I liked the Fllo but Clek just really sits up too high and DD is kinda a car puker so the non removable cover is not an option. I know Britax only RFs to 40lbs but so far DD is only in the 25th % for weight so that may not be an issue, plus I'm totally willing to accept this doesn't have to be her last convertible. I've had such great experience with Britax CS and in the past 18 months my car has been hit twice while parked requiring seat replacement so the more lenient replacement policy of Britax may come in useful. Does anyone know the difference between the regular and XE models? Is it just the cup holder and bag? Is the fabric nicer?

Thanks for the rec of the E2F guys!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC