Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Smile Convertible Fit for Mazda 6

Hi All! My mazda 6 is a fairly standard midsize sedan, and we currently have a Recaro ProRide that I need to replace due to upcoming expiration. My biggest issue with this seat is the dimensions make it REALLY hard to get my 12 month old into the seat - the available opening to insert baby into the seat is small, and I feel like I have to kind of origami her in and it's quite awkward. With my first, we had the seat in the center, so getting him in was much easier, as I could lift him up higher to put him in. In the passenger seat, I can't lift her up as high because of the car's door frame (and I can't use the center due to my son's current seat).

I've found a number of seats that I like, with good reviews, but I'm having trouble figuring out which would alleviate that problem a little bit, as the height/width measurements don't represent the sides of the seat or the areas that create the issue.

Any recommendations or experiences for convertible seats that work well with a Mazda 6 sized car would be appreciated! thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Convertible Fit for Mazda 6

Hi there.

They'd all be better. You own the worst seat for it.

Which seats did you find that you like?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Re: Convertible Fit for Mazda 6

Thanks Wendy for your responses on FB - I didn't get notification that you'd responded here until after we conversed there!

Just for others, I'm considering the Graco Extend2fit, Graco 4Ever, Chicco NextFit, and Safety1st UltraMax Air. Any thoughts on other Safety1st or Evenflo models will be appreciated too! Based on Wendy's input elsewhere I am likely going to pick up the Graco Extend2fit this weekend, but I welcome any other opinions about best seats for this space.

The baby thanks you all, she's not enjoying being folded in half every day to get in the car (though she likes it better than being in her old baby seat, LOL)