grrrr, ER, no carseat

dd9736

I'm watching ER right now, and Abby decided she was no good to drive, after driving a ways drunk, with her son in the car, ffing even though he can't be much bigger than my son.
then she gets in a cab, the driver tells her she can't ride with him in no seat, but still takes them with him not in a carseat.
It's absolutely horrible, and I'm soooo po'ed at the writers, and everyone right now, why would they do that.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Oh, I haven't watched it yet :covering eyes:

Now i'll have to watch for it when we do watch it, well I always do anyways ;)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I didn't see the show, but that's kind of an interesting WWYD -- WWYD if you were asked to pick up a child with no carseat and the mother was clearly drunk? Child unrestrained with a sober driver or unrestrained with a drunk driver?

Melizerd

I saw it too, at least the taxi driver SAID he can't ride back there like that. He still took them when she said it was okay though.

It's a bad and worse situation.

wondering1

Does NY law actually require car seat use in taxis? I've done quite a bit of checking and have not found a definitive source saying that it is. It is always recommended.

ER should do a "spot" on how babies can fly.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm not sure about the NY child restraint laws and taxis. ER is set in Chicago where the state law may differ, although of course the laws of physics are universal. ;) I haven't watched the episode yet. It's on the DVR to do list.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
She normally has him in a carseat in her vehicle but I thought it odd that she went from a peg perego to a (I think) a Cosco 5pt/booster :rolleyes: Couldn't they have found a better seat for them to use :confused:

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
She had him in a carseat when she was driving drunk.

But then she pulled over and got out of her vehicle and into a taxi.

I don't see why she didn't grab the carseat out of her car quick...

And I too am glad the taxi driver at least said something

keri1292

I think that the point is that she didn't grab the carseat, KWIM? To show how terrible her alcohol dependence is. She loves her child, but isn't caring for him properly. Bad example, but probably foreshadowing.

Suzibeck

I think that the point is that she didn't grab the carseat, KWIM? To show how terrible her alcohol dependence is. She loves her child, but isn't caring for him properly. Bad example, but probably foreshadowing.

I agree. While I cringed at that scene, I also felt it was very realistic of what may happen with a drunk person. Abby is just destined to screw up her life, that too is a sad look at reality in many cases. Alcohol addiction hurts so many people!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC