center LATCH in Chevy Avalanche?

TracyRee

We are going on a trip with my folks tomorrow. We;ll be taking Dad's car and he's lost the manual.

Does anyone know if the Chevy Avalanche has center LATCH?

I want to be sure I'm installing DS's BLVD right, but it's hard to know without the manual.

I think it's a 2004...

THANK YOU!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I *believe* that the Avalanche has two sets of LATCH, center and one outboard.

That truck is such a PITA to install a seat in. We had one for our class and when one of the tests came around I got a 4 year old 41 pound as my scenario. I told the instructor that normally for a 4 year old 41 pounder I'd recommend a harness, but that truck was such a PITA I'd recommend a different vehicle, and if that wasn't possible to put the kid in a booster. Course, we weren't installing with LATCH in there. The tether anchors are WAY down behind the seat, and as I recall you need to pull the bottom of the seat up, attach the tether, put the seat back down, install the seat, and then tighten the tether. With a Boulevard I'd just as soon do it with the seatbelt without the tether. That way you don't have to hassle and you don't need to worry about LATCH.

Ok, I couldn't let this go with no one answering you. Here it is from the LATCH manual.

Center: LATCH w/TA on floor at base of seat.
Outboard: LATCH on passenger side w/TA on floor by base of seat, plus TA on driver side on floor near base of seat.
Notes: To access TAs, fold seat bottom up and push seat back forward. Tether must be hooked prior to installing seat. Long tether strap may be necessary.

TA=tether anchors

Told you, PITA. The Boulevard is completely safe without the tether and with the seatbelt, if you find that easier. That vehicle was just NOT made with carseats in mind.

Wendy

TracyRee

Thank you sooo much for the heads up. I'll be sure and let you know how it goes when I get back Monday!!

It helps to be mentally prepared for the challenge!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC