Question 3 seats in 2008 328i

U

Unregistered

Friends - is it possible to fit 3 car seats in the backseat of a 2008 328i? I'm willing to buy all new car seats to save the headache of getting a new car.

5 year old - front facing 41 pounds
3 year old - front facing 33 pounds
Newborn - rear facing

Scott

ADS
U

Unregistered

I currently have a Britx Blvd for the 3yo and i plan on getting a new booster for the 5yo and new seat for the baby.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Are you open to replacing the Boulevard? Or possibly using it rear facing for the baby? It's pretty wide but often fits better next to other seats rear than forward facing.

A harness is going to be easier than a booster in most tight 3 across situations for buckling and width reasons.

What's your budget?

U

Unregistered

I am open to replacing all seats at any cost. I don't want to replace the car. :)

MelodyoftheForest

I am not sure about which booster, but a FF Evenflo SureRide in the center might give the booster rider room to buckle. Then you would have to find an infant seat that is narrow and nests well. If you have access to a Babies R Us or a Buy Buy Baby, you can try seats in various configurations until you find what works.

U

Unregistered

Are you open to replacing the Boulevard? Or possibly using it rear facing for the baby? It's pretty wide but often fits better next to other seats rear than forward facing.

A harness is going to be easier than a booster in most tight 3 across situations for buckling and width reasons.

What's your budget?

No budget limits. I am trying not to replace the car.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok. Do you happen to know seated shoulder height on the 3 and 5 year olds?

Looking at your backseat, it looks like pretty standard for a smallish sedan.

I would try something like the Graco Tranzitions or Wayz, or Harmony Defender, for both forward facing kids. You could then see if the Boulevard would fit at a newborn angle center (or passenger side with the other 2 drivers side and center possibly.) Use all seatbelt installs (with top tethers for the forward facers of course.)

If you desire a rear facing only seat for the newborn, I'd try the Chicco Keyfit. It is a good intersection of narrow and easy to install and meshing well next to other seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC