Car seat for BMW 325 and rear facing angle

rch

I have a 2006 BMW 325xi wagon and am quite tall. I am looking for a second carseat for my 1 year old son for this car, we have a Graco 4ever in my wifes car (audi q7). In the audi the graco is on the middle rear facing recline setting and the bubble is at the upright end of the recommended zone, my son seems fine in this position. When I have tried the graco in my car, it does not fit behind me in the middle recline position but is workable in the upright position, but this put the seat very upright and is still a tight fit.
How do I know how upright is too much for my son?
I looked through the space measurement post and it looks like the britax seats are more compact front to back if they are placed very upright. Are these my bet or do I just need to spend a bunch of time test fitting seats?
thanks

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi. Unfortunately, you won't know if it's too upright until your son falls asleep. Even then, if his head drops forward, it's not a big deal because his brain knows now to reposition his head if his breathing is compromised. Also, we adults tend to project discomfort onto kids; their necks are very flexible because of looser ligaments and cartilage, so they tend to be much less uncomfortable than we are in strange positions.

The Britax ClickTight seats are more compact, as is the Graco Extend2Fit. It may be that you'll need to head to a store that carries them and try them out. The 325 series is smallish, so space is premium. But definitely, if you can fit an infant seat in there, you can fit a convertible there too.

rch

the infant seat only fit in the middle where it could extend between the front seats, but that would be very difficult access for a convertible. Is the extend2fit noticably shorter than the 4ever, I need like 1.5" more space for it to fit on the drivers side. Does target allow test fitting seats? The baby's r us is a pain to get to here.

rch

is the extend2fit 3 in one the same size as the normal one? Looks like target doesn't test fit so I will just buy from amazon.

rch

Went and played with the extend2fit and marathon at target, but no test fit. Ordered an extend2fit from amazon, the britax didn't seem worth the extra $100. Free returns from amazon and a better price so if it doesn't fit I will reconsider.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC