Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Ncmom2

2017 Nissan Rogue 3 across

We bought our Nissan in June. We weren't planning on having a 3rd for a few more years. But life surprised us. I found this link saying it is impossible to do a 3 across due to the severe overlap. We aren't in the situation to be able to trade it for something bigger. I'm at a loss. We can purchase new seats.

DD will be 4 in October she rides in a evenflo sureride, DS is 18 months he rides rearfacing in an e2F.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2017 Nissan Rogue 3 across

I do see some overlap in publicity photos, but it doesn't look too severe to me. If you buckle the center seatbelt, does it stay away from the buckle it overlaps? One option would be to install the outboard driver side seat with LATCH. It doesn't look like the center belt overlaps with the lower anchors in that position. Have to tried to see if the SureRide FF puzzles with the E2F? I would try SureRide center and E2F on each side to start.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

I agree that I think it's possible. I just looked at the pic of the 2017. (I have a '16, not sure if the back seat changed at all.)

If you use lower anchors on driver's side, then seat belt center and passenger side, I don't see any overlap issues.

Do you already own an infant seat? Try just placing it in there with the other two seats, and see how much room you have/don't have. If it seems to fit, then you need to try without putting the 4yo on driver's side since he/she will be the first to reach lower anchor weight limit (if not there already). So we know that one will need to be a seat belt install center or passenger side. And see if the other two will puzzle in the remaining spots.

And let us know how you're making out. If it's a definite no go for the seats you have, we'll work on alternatives. Congrats too, mama!
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Unregistered

FYI. Nissan expressly forbids placing a car seat in the center seating position in it's Snugkids guide for the current generation of Rogues.

Unregistered

Hey did you ever fit three across in the rogue?? We have three little ones and love the 2017 Nissan Rogue were interested in purchasing one but got really sad to see that three car seats won’t fit across.