Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question Travel Car seat for 2.5 year old to Buenos Aires

Hi All,
    We're planning on flying from philadelphia to Buenos Aires in December. My daughter will be 34 months old. She is now about 37 inches tall and maybe over 30lbs? She's been about 80th percentile for height. She is currently rear facing in a Chicco Nextfit but its so heavy I don't want to bring it. I would like to use a car seat for the plane and taxis. I was thinking of getting a cosco Scenera but was worried that she might outgrow it very soon. I don't like to be wasteful even if its cheap. Can anyone recommend a travel car seat that is easy to install with seatbelts and very lightweight/easy to carry around (I think forward might be ok for the trip if that is easier) and comfortable for a long flight. Any tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Claire

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Travel Car seat for 2.5 year old to Buenos Aires

I would probably do a Britax Roundabout. Not the lightest seat, for sure, but it has lockoffs, which might really come in handy installing with seat belts that might not lock. If you strap it onto a stroller or luggage cart, then you won't notice the heaviness too much when getting it through the airport. And it is more portable than a Nextfit at least!
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

CPS Fanatic

Re: Travel Car seat for 2.5 year old to Buenos Aires

Do vehicles in Venezuela allow for tethering? If not, I would try not to forward face.

If you're good with a locking clip (or willing to practice before December) I'd look at the Graco Contender too. Lighter weight, cheaper, and lasts longer than the Roundabout, just no lock offs.