Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

My impressions on the 2017 Kia Sedona

We had a 2017 Kia Sedona with 50k miles on it as a rental to drive home over two days from MI to CT. I thought I would share my impressions in case it is helpful to someone. For reference, our usual car is a 2010 Subaru Legacy.

The good:
    -Impressive gas mileage. We got close to 30mpg with all highway driving, mostly in Eco mode.
    -Nice technology. DH loved the Android Auto that put navigation on the van's screen. Keyless, just have the fob in your pocket. USB plugs.
    -Flexible seating. We had an odd load, and the 2nd row seats all move forward and back quite a bit to accommodate a variety of needs.
    -Five ways to open or close each rear sliding door.
    -Family-friendly features like shades on all 4 rear windows. Lower anchors easily accessible.

The bad:
    -Very loud! There was tons of road noise from the back end. I had to raise my voice just to talk between the two front seats or the front seats and a captain's chair. It was a huge turn-off.
    -Stiff suspension. I was constantly jarred painfully, both in the passenger seat and a 2nd row captain's chair. It was like riding in my mother's Accord Sport, and made our Legacy seem like a Buick in comparison.
    -2nd row captain's chairs are not great for thin adult passengers. There is a firmer area at the bight that my tailbone rested on if I sat up straight. Not a great combination with the stiff suspension.

Other notes: our Graco 4Ever installed much more easily (LATCH) with the captain's chair's back fully upright rather than slightly reclined. There was no manual in the vehicle, so I don't know what is allowed either.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, RF in a 4Ever and a Scenera Next
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: My impressions on the 2017 Kia Sedona

Good info! I think that generation of Sedona might replace our current one when it dies (which we hope won't be for several more years!).
    Cutie #1 (11 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (9 years) riding in a Recaro Probooster

Cutie #3 (6 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (4 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (1 year) riding in a Nuna Rava