Question Does this convertible car seat exist anywhere?

BlueBear

Looking for a convertible seat that has harness straps that are actually easy to tighten and get the last bit of slack out. And to complicate matters, the seat also should have a crotch buckle that doesn't dig into toddler thighs. Does this exist? It's not any of the Graco clones or the Chicco NextFit.

ADS

BlueBear

The Safety 1st?
I don't *think* I'm over-tightening, but I suppose it's possible. I can often pinch strap at the shoulders. I returned the Chicco after trying it only shortly. Been using a Graco Fit4Me for a year. It annoys me every time I put my 26mo toddler in it. It's hard to get the slack out, and she complains of the buckle jabbing her thighs, and the harness often loosens a tad during a trip. :(
Kinda wonder if a normal harness, not no-rethread, might help. I have no issue rethreading harness straps, so not a big deal.

lgenne

The Graco Milestone is remarkably easy.

Have you tried pulling down on the splitter plate behind the seat before you pull on the harness tightener?

BlueBear

That's what my husband suggested - haha. It's an annoying fix to do that every time, but I'll try it. It wouldn't work when FF though, although that is nowhere near at this point.

Dillipop

That's what my husband suggested - haha. It's an annoying fix to do that every time, but I'll try it. It wouldn't work when FF though, although that is nowhere near at this point.

I find most convertible seats easier to tighten properly when in the forward facing position. It has to do with having leverage to pull the strap towards the floor of the car.

I use the splitter plate in pretty much all my rearfacing seats to get them tight. My Graco extend 2 fit is my easiest.

BlueBear

That's a good point about the pulling down leverage. My oldest was in an Evenflo Triumph Advance RF until 3.5 and then FF to 5.5 - a few years ago, that seat had higher RF height limits, and it was a great seat. Anyway, it has those knob tighteners, and I never had any problem with them. I'm tempted to rebuy it, but it has kind of low RF height limits. I'll try the splitter maneuvering trick before I throw in the towel and try 10 other seats. HAHA!

featherhead

The Clek seats I find to be super easy to tighten. The crotch strap is on the short side, so you may want to try before you buy to see if it's going to pinch thighs or not. I have not had that problem with it yet.

cookie123

It used to be that the Evenflo seats had longer crotch straps, and maybe Safety First? Whatever you do, don't get the Graco 4Ever Extend to fit. I see it's at Target now. The crotch strap is way too short when the insert is in which is required to 25 lbs. Can you try some out in your car at Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC