Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    3RFOdy

3 RF Seats in a 2015 Odyssey?

Hi, I am curious how many people have done this since I've never seen one out in the wild. I have a just-turned 3 year old, 17 month old, and am due with our third this winter. We plan on keeping the kids RF as long as possible and although they are tall, they fit within the limits of their seats so I expect it'll be at least another year or two.

We have two outboard Clicktight Advocates and we are planning on a Clek Fllo in the center, but frankly I'm dreading it because I still need to check the 3 year old to make sure she's properly secured. The plan is to have her in the center seat since I'll need to fiddle with her seat the least, but it still looks like a hassle.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried a different combination where they put one seat in the last row and how well that worked. I'd love to do that but my husband is a bigger guy and may struggle to head back there too often (assuming we remove one of the outboard seats), plus we have a large double stroller and a large dog that live in the cargo area so I'd hate to lose all that space.

Can anyone tell me their combos and how they make three rear facing seats work in their Odys?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: 3 RF Seats in a 2015 Odyssey?

I don't have an Odyssey, nor do I have three rear facing children, but I would do the two younger ones side-by-side in the middle row, remove the third seat (probably driver's side?), and put the oldest RF in the back. She should be able to buckle herself at 3.5 years old and if you don't loosen the harness to get her out, you won't need to tighten it when she gets in. Your husband can probably reach in to unbuckle her through the trunk if necessary.

How often do you have the dog with you? Maybe it will end up that you will just have to leave the dog and stroller at home for grocery shopping and whatnot.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

CPS Fanatic

Re: 3 RF Seats in a 2015 Odyssey?

I've done 2 RF side by side, not 3 in my Odyssey. I feel like the key to making this work is car seats with easier access. It's probably fine to keep one Advocate outboard, but the Fllo is so high profile. It's going to be hard to buckle at all, and especially hard over an Advocate.

I wouldn't get a Fllo for this situation at all. I think I'd get at least one Graco Slimfit for the center, and either a second Slimfit or a Graco Milestone for outboard.

Neither of my children who have hit 3.5 have been able to buckle themselves at that age. I wouldn't rely on that.