Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 across in Jeep liberty

Hey all! I have 3 kids. One just turned 2, a 5 year old and an almost 7 year old.
    Hubby's car is on its last leg so I want to get something "new" and give him my car. The problem is, I fell in love with a 2011 Jeep liberty. I've looked into many different SUVs with third row seating but I keep coming back to the liberty. How can I fit 3 car seats across in a liberty? My daughter is rear facing in a diono radian, my 5 year old is in a high back booster w/arm rests, and my almost 7 year old is in a Graco booster seat with arm rests. All my kids are large for their age. My 2 year old is 40" and 35lbs.
    I'm willing to buy new booster type seats for the boys if need be. I really want to make it work. Please help!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member sirrahn's Avatar

Re: 3 across in Jeep liberty

I've seen a Turbo booster and a rfing MyRide in a Liberty, and it's hard to buckle the Turbo and there is pretty much no room left in the middle. I won't say it's impossible..there are a lot of carseats to try, but that is a tiny cramped back seat, and I cannot imagine that it would be fun.
    Mom to DS-22 driving a 2011 Honda CR-Z, DS-19 driving a 2010 Toyota Prius, DD-16 driving a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA, and DD-14 riding in a 2018 Mazda CX-9 & 2018 Mazda CX-3

Carseat Crazy

Re: 3 across in Jeep liberty

If your kids are big, you might be able to use an Incognito for the oldest if they are at least 60 pounds. That would eliminate armrests and provide more buckling space. You might consider the Incognito and the high-back booster next to each other with the Incognito in the middle and the HBB outboard wherever the center and outboard buckles are next to each other. That way the booster riders won't unbuckle the toddler's seat, and maybe the oldest child can help the middle child buckle.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and a SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted soft carrier