Question 3 across in Jeep liberty

U

Unregistered

Hey all! I have 3 kids. One just turned 2, a 5 year old and an almost 7 year old.
Hubby's car is on its last leg so I want to get something "new" and give him my car. The problem is, I fell in love with a 2011 Jeep liberty. I've looked into many different SUVs with third row seating but I keep coming back to the liberty. :( How can I fit 3 car seats across in a liberty? My daughter is rear facing in a diono radian, my 5 year old is in a high back booster w/arm rests, and my almost 7 year old is in a Graco booster seat with arm rests. All my kids are large for their age. My 2 year old is 40" and 35lbs.
I'm willing to buy new booster type seats for the boys if need be. I really want to make it work. Please help!!

ADS

sirrahn

I've seen a Turbo booster and a rfing MyRide in a Liberty, and it's hard to buckle the Turbo and there is pretty much no room left in the middle. I won't say it's impossible..there are a lot of carseats to try, but that is a tiny cramped back seat, and I cannot imagine that it would be fun.

MelodyoftheForest

If your kids are big, you might be able to use an Incognito for the oldest if they are at least 60 pounds. That would eliminate armrests and provide more buckling space. You might consider the Incognito and the high-back booster next to each other with the Incognito in the middle and the HBB outboard wherever the center and outboard buckles are next to each other. That way the booster riders won't unbuckle the toddler's seat, and maybe the oldest child can help the middle child buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC