Car Seat Recommendations for 2016 Acura MDX

Sycats7

We just purchased a 2016 MDX. This will be my around town car for myself and our 4... soon to be 5 ... children. I need new car seats for our 4 yr old son and 7 year old daughter. Each are average weight, height and size for their ages. We are expecting a baby in late October, so I will need an infant or convertible seat too. My 13 year old and 10 year old are out of their seats. I was considering Radian seats or Britax, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions. I'd like to keep my 7 year old in a five point harness.

I anticipate we will have the baby in the middle of the center seat (we got the bench option), my 4 year old on an outside middle, and my 7 year old in the third row in her seat. Thanks in advance for the help!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hello! I would cross Diono seats off the list for a 4 or 7 yr old. They're really best suited for RF kids and don't fit newborns well either. Narrower FF options include the Harmony Defender and Graco Tranzitions. The Britax Frontier isn't too wide either and installs very easily. You'll want a narrower infant seat in the middle so that you can access the 3rd row. The Britax B-Safe 35, Chicco KeyFit, and UPPAbaby Mesa all have narrow bases.

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I will definitely follow up and check out each of these options. My two youngest each had the Chico Keyfit years ago as newborns and I was happy with it. I'm inclined to purchase it again for this baby. It's interesting to see the car seat changes in the past five years, since I had an infant. I appreciate the feedback!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC