Hello - we're almost done with car seats/boosters (Incognito question)

LemonadeNew

Hi - for some reason I can't get into my old Lemonade account. My email account won't receive reset password emails or something. Anyway, it's me. I hope all is well. Can't read the community member chat so this is here. We're nearly done with our car seat journey. DH's sedan still has 2 backless boosters because he has funky deep seats. I traded in my 06 Sienna for a Highlander a couple of months ago. DS is 11.5 and we stopped his booster usage in my Sienna on his 11th birthday. He's now 55.5" and 60 lbs. DD was still using her backless Monterey until this week. She had a significant growth spurt and is now also 60 lbs. Just turned 9 and is 51.5". She's now using the incognito in the highlander. I do have a 4" stool in the floor for leg comfort. It's collapsable and sort of fits under the seats a bit so I am not too worried about it flying all over. With the way the belts come out, DD really doesn't need to use the belt clips on the incognito. The belt sits perfectly on her. They are kind of a PITA because leaving the unbuckled belt in one side pulls it off the seat position a bit. How horrible is it to not use them??? The incognito isn't really going to shift while she's on it because her legs are folding right at the edge and holding it in. Her belt fit is actually good without any booster but the issue is that her legs don't bend at the edge of the seat so without anything she'll slouch. Thoughts?
I'm still a tech but haven't been doing checks very often since I went back to work full time 2 years ago. Plus, they moved the big one that was really near me on Saturdays because the hospital wouldn't pony up for insurance or something. Kids are going to start 4th and 6th in the fall. It's our last year with both at elem school. I had a heart monitor put in in April and cardiac ablation for my SVT in June. Crazy but overall so great to finally get it done as this has been an issue for 8+ years. I had been having episodes lasting 2 to 30 minutes of my heart going 215 ppm due to this extra electrical pathway that was clearly aggravated by stress as well as overheating or being mildly dehydrated. I'm glad it's over!
Sorry for sticking all this personal stuff here but not sure how to get back into my other account! Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Welcome back!

Your old account is still active. I sent another password reset email to the address on the old account. If you can't get it to work, please send me a private message. Include your name, tech number, birthdate and old email address and I will reset your password and send you a new one manually:)

As for the Incognito, I'm pretty sure you have to use the guides, but I don't recall the wording in the manual exactly. I think in general, arms and lap belt guides are not only for lap belt fit, but also to reduce the risk of submarining.

bnsnyde

My 11 year-old is 99 lbs. and 61.5 inches, and the Incognito provides a really good fit. This was our first experience with it. For my younger kids like the 8 YO...it just didn't seem to fit well and they never clipped it properly. My kids are tall but still, I like the Harmony Youth unless it's outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC