Puzzling SureRide and Contender?

Would a SureRide and a Contender puzzle together with one FF and the other RF, and still leave room on the bench for an Incognito to be buckled? Van is a 2006 Uplander.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't answer that, but I'll bump this up for you and ask for a little more info...

Have you tried any seats 3 across in the Uplander? Have any of them worked? Is this the second row? What seating positions have top tether anchors? Is the SureRide or the Contender going to be FF?

This is in the third row of the Uplander, only the center seat has a tether, and the outboard seats have headrests that lean forward and interfere with HB boosters. The second row is bucket seats with LATCH. My oldest 5-steps in the middle of the third row, but there's no headrest, so he has to be outboard in the Incognito. Right now I have a FF Radian, RF Contender, and Incognito across the back but the Radian expires in a few months so I'm looking into replacements. I've also got a HB Kidfit and a RF Avenue in the second row because of the headrest issues and no LATCH in the back (the Avenue is a pain to install with seatbelt).

To start, I'd have the Contender RF and the SureRide FF, but that might be switched in the spring for a few months. Right now the Contender is for toddlers that I babysit but we'll use one of the seats for our newborn come March and our 5-year old will go in the other. I read that the SureRide will fit smaller babies better than the Contender, so I'd like to have it as an option RF (my babies have been anywhere from 5.5-9.5 lbs) and I like the tall harness slots for when my 5-yr old uses it. Eventually, both seats will be used RF (one second row, one third) for the baby and my 2-yr old once his current seat expires and the 5-yr old will likely go to a booster in the second row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC