Recommend an SUV for me please

atx

2.5 yr old twins currently RF, about 35 lbs each and pretty tall, and very tall almost 7 yr old DD in a booster.

I need to be able to access RF car seats easily (till they outgrow) and for DD and any friends of hers to get in the car and I want to have decent trunk space even with 3rd row up.

I'm currently in a Honda Odyssey, Car seats are Graco 4evers and Diono's (have 2 of each). They used to be in the Graco 4evers in captains seat configuration and DD in the back but we all got tired of her (and her friends) having to crawl under their seats to get to the 3rd row.

So now I have Diono in drivers outboard and 4ever in plus one/jump seat in the middle and DD in a booster on passenger outboard (see my previous post). I'm not happy with the configuration because with the seat belt installation the car seats lean a bit (I've had 2 car seat techs do the install, just how it is) and it makes it difficult to fold and unfold the passenger 2nd row seat to get to 3rd row because of the 4Ever's side thingy that juts out (and it's actually torn the leather on the side of the passenger seat).

Note:would be willing to get new car seats if necessary.

ADS

lgenne

Why not install with LATCH for now? You'll have to turn them forward facing before you hit the weight limit.

And what about a Graco Slimfit for the center? That would allow the other captain's chair to tumble.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC