Where do we go from here - booster question for tall 7 year old

fogdog

Hi all -
7yo DD is getting uncomfortable in her Radian - it is too tight for her in the shoulders. The headrest is as high as it can go and her shoulders just barely squeeze in under it and from side to side. She is about 52 inches tall and about 55 pounds (she is thin but, as a gymnast, has developed broad shoulders, apparently).
She primarily rides in DH's or Grandma's car in a Britax Frontier and is happy there.
She occasionally rides with me, but only for short rides, in my Nissan Leaf. We have 2 Radians in there (1 for DS) so that we can fit a bubble bum in the middle if we need to. So, I strongly prefer to not put another large(r) seat in there in case I need to fit a third kid.
So, what do you recommend? Is it time to switch to a LBB? And are there any LBB that are narrower than others so we can still fit 3 across (Radian, Bubble Bum, booster)? She has ridden on the BubbleBum for travel and/or carpool so knows how to sit and buckle properly and we only take my car for short trips, so there is no sleeping.
This is hard for me - btw the Radian and the Frontier I had envisioned 5-point harnessing forever and really didn't anticipate ever needing another seat.
I appreciate your recommendations!
Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

For a typically developing kid, 7 is a perfectly good age to go to a backless booster.

You could get her a Harmony Youth Booster. It's narrow and should allow for a BubbleBum to fit in there still.

U

Unregistered

If you want to harness her longer you might be able to use a Sureride. Depending on how you set things up, that could leave enough room for a passenger in a backless or a five-stepper.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If you want to harness her longer you might be able to use a Sureride. Depending on how you set things up, that could leave enough room for a passenger in a backless or a five-stepper.

Hello and welcome to Car-Seat.Org- we greatly appreciate your helpful replies recently. We would ask that you please consider registering, such that your responses appear instantly and do not require moderator approval. Registration is anonymous, you can select a username instead of your real name. You can opt out of all emails in account settings, or use a throwaway email account, as long as you are able to receive the account verification email initially. Thank you again and we hope you will please consider joining us as a registered member.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC