Frustrated

purplemama

I made a really stupid mistake and didn't check top tether locations when I bought an '09 Sienna this past spring. I wanted to keep my two FF harnessed seats in the third row but in the Sienna the top tether anchors are middle and passenger. I cannot put my harnessed kids next to each other. So I put my booster kid and my 6 year old harnessed in the 3rd row and my 5 year old harnessed in a captains chair middle. Which is fine EXCEPT that my oldest two keep somehow loosening the top tether on the middle seat. There is way less room in the Sienna compared to the Sedona I used to drive. It gets hit by their feet I think, getting in and out.
I can't put the two harnessed seats next to each in the third row. Not only do they not fit next to each other, both kids have behavior issues (one autistic, the other is a bigger diva than any celebrity) and cannot be next to each other.
I'm at a loss, what the heck do I do!?!?!?!?

ADS

lgenne

What harnessed seats do you have? (Not just the ones in use, anything not expired that either of these kids will fit in.)

Is the diva boosterable?

purplemama

The diva is in a Pria, I don't know if she'll ever be boosterable, she's super tiny and very defiant. I can see her unbuckling as I'm driving either to get something she dropped or because she's mad. The other harnessed seat is a graco fit/size/whatever for me clone. DH has a Britax Blvd in his car but that has to stay, he won't use any other seat.

purplemama

I could put diva and booster kid in the 2nd row I guess. Ugh. They fight non stop and we are driving several hours a day. I like them as far as they can be from me, lol!!!

purplemama

7 passenger. I just went out and put 5 year old harnessed 3rd row, 6 year old harnessed passenger side 2nd row(she'd kick my seat drivers side and the seat belt comes from the seat so it doesn't work with the booster), and 9 year old boostered behind me 2nd row.
It's not ideal but it's what's going to have to work.

purplemama

So yeah, ugh, I hate having the older two in the 2nd row. There is nowhere for them to put all their crap that somehow finds its way into my van. The diva always has several pairs of shoes with her and now I'm tripping over them to get to the 3rd row and I'm knocking them out of the van. And yes I've tried not allowing extra shoes and their crap in the van. They're expert smugglers (especially the diva). Seriously, I can do a body search before we leave and suddenly there is all this stuff and shoes.
I'm honestly considering getting a Britax pioneer for the 2nd row because of the different top tether!!

Dillipop

Could you switch the 2 harnessed kids seats and see if the different brand's tether will stay tight with the older kids in the third row or has the older harnessed kid outgrown the pria?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC