Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Shoulder belt upper anchor is in FRONT of HBB belt guide...

Hmmm..how to put this. The top anchors for the shoulder belts in the back seats of my Subaru are REALLY far forward. If I sit in the seat, the shoulder belt doesn't touch my shoulder, the anchor is too far forward. So, with a HBB, the shoulder belt is being pulled BACK to the belt guide, and then down to the buckle. It seems to work, I can't find anything in my booster manuals or car manual that even mentions this. Is it ok?

I have a Bodyguard, and the car is a 1991 Subaru Loyale wagon.

I asked this question at PP, and was told to call Britax (which I will). I've tried a variety of boosters and they ALL do this (BACK to the booster belt guide and then down to the buckle). For that matter, it does the same with a car seat. The shoulder belt goes BACK to the car seat and then through. Is this just not safe for anyone/anything? Any thoughts about one of those vests in this case? What about a Kid-Y?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

BACK OR FRONT SEAT?

I used to have a '93 Legacy sedan & don't remember this issue, but can imagine it happening if I'd put the kids in the front with those "automatic" moving shoulder belts {which I believe car seat & vehicle manuals say never to use on car seats}, but I can't picture the Loyale, sorry! As for the E-Z-On, it's meant for lap-only belts & a dealer must be able to install a top tether anchor....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

These are the seat belts in the back. I SO do not want to hear that these seatbelts can't be used for a restraint of any kind. We CAN NOT afford a new (or even DIFFERENT! LOL!) car right now, or anytime in the future. And because I have 4 children, I need ALL the seats to be functional.

Just wanted to say I hope you get some good answers!
    GOOD LUCK
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}