Question Forward facing car seat and booster in Odyssey 3rd row with 60/40 split?

Eackers

Hello,

I drive a 2016 Odyssey. My boys normally ride in the second row with no issues. My 8 year old (50" and 54lbs.) rides in a Britax Parkway SGL as a high back booster. My 5.5 year old (43" and 45 lbs.) rides in a Britax Pioneer G1.1 Harness-2-Booster Car Seat. He is still in the harness mode.

We are planning a long road trip with the grandparents. I was hoping to move the boys to the third row, and put the grandparents into the second row due to mobility issues. I had planned on removing the second row center seat for the trip. The third row splits 60/40, and I had assumed I could fold down the smaller part and put the boys on the larger side to better accommodate luggage. I just measured their seats and it's not even close! I had no idea the third row was so narrow.

Other possibilities: we also have an Evenflo Maestro that the 5.5 year old rides in occasionally, and a Bubblebum for short trips/carpools for the 8 year old. He needs frequent reminders to sit up straight when he is in the Bubblebum, so I am not terribly comfortable at the thought of him riding in it for 1000+ miles. I am not opposed to buying a new seat for the trip, but I can't spend a lot of money on it. So, two Radians are out of the question :) Do you know of any way we can put both boys together in the 60 section of the third row? My 5.5 year old has never ridden in a booster, so I would rather not start him out in one with a long car trip, just in case he can't sit up and stay still.

Am I trying to do the impossible? Is there any way to make this work? Thanks so much for any suggestions :)

Emily

ADS

jjordan

I think you are probably trying to do the impossible, although I can't say 100% for sure. You might have better luck packing lighter or using a car top carrier or a little trailer for extra luggage. Good luck!

lgenne

Does the Maestro work in the 2nd row center? Can a captain's chair tumble with it installed? Then you only need one kid in the 3rd row and this whole thing gets a lot easier.

If not, the Harmony Defender works there and allows the captain's chairs to tumble.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC