Question Maxi Cosi Stroller Compatibility

cindyloohoo1240

Hi I have the Maxi Cosi Mico 30 car seat seat. I was wondering if it was compatible with the Baby Trend stroller of the Graco click systems and if it is do I need adapters?? I know it works with the Baby Jogger strollers with adapters, but looking for a few other options. Advice please??

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Baby trend makes some with universal adaptors and some without. I believe Graco only works with Graco.

Many European brands- Jané, Nuna, Mamas & Papas, Easywalker, etc- are compatible with or offer adaptors for Maxi-Cosi that may work with the Mico.

Remember that car seats are for the car, and other than short trips to and from or a quick run into a store for an errand or getting through the airport etc., it's safest not to put baby in the car seat in the stroller and instead use a lay-flat stroller or carrycot or wear or hold the baby. Car seats aren't a safe sleep environment and even healthy, full term newborns can experience loss of oxygen with extended time in a car seat (along with other problems that can come with extended use such as flattening of the head.)

I usually advise getting the stroller that you like and not worrying too much about compatibility for this reason- you can always buy a frame stroller very cheap if you need it for travel or getting to and from the car. Often as cheap or cheaper than adaptors if you go used.

cindyloohoo1240

Well I prefer the Baby Jogger brand for when baby is older, but need something for quick trips. Are all strollers only to be used without car seat when baby can hold head on own at like 6 months??

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Definitely not! Most strollers, including most Baby Jogger strollers (excepting their actual joggers) lie flat or nearly flat and therefore can used from birth! Just recline to the deepest and baby is good to go. No need for adaptors or anything. Some people like to add an aftermarket head support.

(Not to mention- my kids held their heads up at birth.) The only restrictions on age are usually strollers that don't lay flat (3 months is usually recommended but many babies are fine before that) and joggers (walking only, no jogging, until a year.)

cindyloohoo1240

Ok great thanks!! I was given false info before. I didn't realize that they would recline!! That's great!! Well then I will stick with original plan.
My baby girl has held her head up and has great head control since birth too!! She is a strong baby. Yes I have seen the additional supports. Do you recommend them??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC