Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Maxi Cosi Stroller Compatibility

Hi I have the Maxi Cosi Mico 30 car seat seat. I was wondering if it was compatible with the Baby Trend stroller of the Graco click systems and if it is do I need adapters?? I know it works with the Baby Jogger strollers with adapters, but looking for a few other options. Advice please??

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Maxi Cosi Stroller Compatibility

Baby trend makes some with universal adaptors and some without. I believe Graco only works with Graco.

Many European brands- Jané, Nuna, Mamas & Papas, Easywalker, etc- are compatible with or offer adaptors for Maxi-Cosi that may work with the Mico.

Remember that car seats are for the car, and other than short trips to and from or a quick run into a store for an errand or getting through the airport etc., it's safest not to put baby in the car seat in the stroller and instead use a lay-flat stroller or carrycot or wear or hold the baby. Car seats aren't a safe sleep environment and even healthy, full term newborns can experience loss of oxygen with extended time in a car seat (along with other problems that can come with extended use such as flattening of the head.)

I usually advise getting the stroller that you like and not worrying too much about compatibility for this reason- you can always buy a frame stroller very cheap if you need it for travel or getting to and from the car. Often as cheap or cheaper than adaptors if you go used.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Well I prefer the Baby Jogger brand for when baby is older, but need something for quick trips. Are all strollers only to be used without car seat when baby can hold head on own at like 6 months??

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Definitely not! Most strollers, including most Baby Jogger strollers (excepting their actual joggers) lie flat or nearly flat and therefore can used from birth! Just recline to the deepest and baby is good to go. No need for adaptors or anything. Some people like to add an aftermarket head support.

(Not to mention- my kids held their heads up at birth.) The only restrictions on age are usually strollers that don't lay flat (3 months is usually recommended but many babies are fine before that) and joggers (walking only, no jogging, until a year.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Ok great thanks!! I was given false info before. I didn't realize that they would recline!! That's great!! Well then I will stick with original plan.
    My baby girl has held her head up and has great head control since birth too!! She is a strong baby. Yes I have seen the additional supports. Do you recommend them??