Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel booster

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Travel booster

We are flying to Florida in a month. My youngest 3 kids are all in boosters. The older boys are in LBB and the youngest kiddo is in a HBB. The kids will be 10, 10 and 8 at the time of travel. We will be renting a Nissan Armada (or "comparable") and driving from Miami to Key West. I'm not worried about the bigger twin. His seat is an Incognito and should easily fit in a suitcase. It's the other 2 I'm worried about. The smaller twin isn't big enough for an Incognito at just barely 50lbs....and the 8yr old is a major car sleeper, so I worry about her in a LBB. She is also not big enough for an Incognito. She is approximately 50lbs as well.

Any suggestions? Is the BubbleBum the really only viable seat??
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: Travel booster

Harmony youth booster is pretty small and would work for both your younger kids.

Or- what seat does the youngest use at home? If it comes apart, you could pack the back in your luggage and bring the base onto the plane with you. With an incognito and harmony youth/bubblebum, I would think most highback boosters would work in a 3 across in that size vehicle.

CCO 4/15

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Re: Travel booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    Harmony youth booster is pretty small and would work for both your younger kids.

Or- what seat does the youngest use at home? If it comes apart, you could pack the back in your luggage and bring the base onto the plane with you. With an incognito and harmony youth/bubblebum, I would think most highback boosters would work in a 3 across in that size vehicle.
    That is a really good idea. I hadn't thought about carrying on the boosters, I was trying to figure out how to pack them all! Youngest uses a Parkway, so yes, it comes apart. The rental car is 7 passenger, so no worry about 3 across. There will be 6 of us anyways. The twins will be in the back row, with my adult son and youngest daughter in the 2nd row.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James