Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Diono Radian or Evenflo Maestro for air travel?

Hi Everyone,
    We normally fly with our Diono Radian because it straps to a travel cart and is narrow enough to wheel down the airplane aisle. But this summer, my 5 year old will be travelling with her grandmother and I'm concerned that the Diono is so heavy Grandma will have a hard time with it (lifting it from the cart to the seat and back). I also have an Evenflo Maestro, which is much lighter, but a bit wider and I'm not sure if it will roll down the aisle or must be carried.

Has anyone travelled with the Maestro? Is it narrow enough to fit down the airplane aisle? Which would you send with Grandma: narrow and heavy or wider and light?

ETA: My daughter is 36 lbs, 41" tall in case there might be another option that isn't too expensive to solve the problem.

Thanks for any insight!
    Rebecca
    Last edited by rpower75; 07-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Diono Radian or Evenflo Maestro for air travel?

Personally I would do the Maestro. Radians are so heavy I hate moving them. I'm not sure whether or not a Maestro would fit down the aisle, but regardless I would go with it!
    Cutie #1 (11 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (9 years) riding in a Recaro Probooster

Cutie #3 (6 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (4 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (1 year) riding in a Nuna Rava

4. Thank You from:

Re: Diono Radian or Evenflo Maestro for air travel?

Thank you for answering! I think you are right. This settles my mind that even if it doesn't roll down the aisle, it would be easier to carry (or have someone help her carry). I appreciate your input.