Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Britax Boulevard Clicktight and Frontier Clicktight puzzle well together?

I'm looking for some advice on the fit of a Britax Boulevard clicktight installed next to a Britax Frontier clicktight.

Back story: My and the kids were in a car accident yesterday. Our insurance will cover the cost of new car seats for our two children.
    Our vehicle is a 2004 Trailblazer with a 60/40 split in the seat. LATCH and tethers on all three locations.

Our son, age 6, was already in a Britax Frontier, center seat. We plan to replace his seat with the same.
    Our daughter, age 2.5, 28 lbs, she's about 33 inches tall was in a Diono Radian R120 RF on passenger outboard. We did love our Radian, particularly for it's slim design, however, it's downfalls included a long front to back length when RF position, the tall seat back when RF (causing a blind spot for me, regardless of seat location. Additionally, it was a pain for install, requiring both my husband and I to get a tight and secure install RF. Dependent on location of install we have to alternate whether we use LATCH or belt to get a secure fit.

I'd love to get another clicktight and am considering the Boulevard, due to ease of installation. My concern is the width of the seat. We would like to keep them in the same locations (passenger outboard and center) allowing for the empty seat behind the driver (my husband is 6'3"). This also allows for us to have a potential adult rear passenger that does not have to climb over and squeeze between two seats. Our local Toys R Us/Babies R Us does not have Britax in store for us to attempt prior to purchase. Additionally, our trailblazer will be in the shop for repairs for the next two weeks, and I would like to have new seats ASAP in the event we need to go somewhere.
    Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Britax Boulevard Clicktight and Frontier Clicktight puzzle well together?

How tight was the side by side install between the Radian and the Frontier?

If you're looking for something narrow that's compact front to back and rear faces a long time and is easy (or at least easier) to install, if look at the Graco Slimfit. It only rear faces to 40 pounds, but goes taller than the Radian, and your daughter isn't that large that it should make much of a difference either way. TRU/BRU may have it in stock, too.

Unregistered

The current fit in our main vehicle isn't horribly tight. But it is close at the cupholders on the current frontier. When I measured it was 57 inches total, edge to edge. Which in theory means 2 boulevards and a frontier will fit. But am well aware it's more about puzzling.

Our tru/bru had such a limited limited selection last time we were in the market for new seats. Possibly because it isn't a stand alone bru? Perks of small town life I guess!

Thank you. I'll take a look at the slim fit today if in store.

Unregistered

For anyone coming along and reading this. The BV clicktight and frontier clicktight puzzled nicely. This was not checked by a tech, but were independently secure in all attempts.

Vehicle: 2004 Chevy trailblazer - 57 in seat width
    BV RF passenger outboard & frontier center
    BV FF passenger outboard & frontier center
    frontier (either) outboard & BV FF center (I did not try it RF center.)
    We plan to move DD center FF when she outgrows RF and place DS outboard at that time.