Britax Boulevard Clicktight and Frontier Clicktight puzzle well together?

U

Unregistered

I'm looking for some advice on the fit of a Britax Boulevard clicktight installed next to a Britax Frontier clicktight.

Back story: My and the kids were in a car accident yesterday. Our insurance will cover the cost of new car seats for our two children.
Our vehicle is a 2004 Trailblazer with a 60/40 split in the seat. LATCH and tethers on all three locations.

Our son, age 6, was already in a Britax Frontier, center seat. We plan to replace his seat with the same.
Our daughter, age 2.5, 28 lbs, she's about 33 inches tall was in a Diono Radian R120 RF on passenger outboard. We did love our Radian, particularly for it's slim design, however, it's downfalls included a long front to back length when RF position, the tall seat back when RF (causing a blind spot for me, regardless of seat location. Additionally, it was a pain for install, requiring both my husband and I to get a tight and secure install RF. Dependent on location of install we have to alternate whether we use LATCH or belt to get a secure fit.

I'd love to get another clicktight and am considering the Boulevard, due to ease of installation. My concern is the width of the seat. We would like to keep them in the same locations (passenger outboard and center) allowing for the empty seat behind the driver (my husband is 6'3"). This also allows for us to have a potential adult rear passenger that does not have to climb over and squeeze between two seats. Our local Toys R Us/Babies R Us does not have Britax in store for us to attempt prior to purchase. Additionally, our trailblazer will be in the shop for repairs for the next two weeks, and I would like to have new seats ASAP in the event we need to go somewhere.
Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

How tight was the side by side install between the Radian and the Frontier?

If you're looking for something narrow that's compact front to back and rear faces a long time and is easy (or at least easier) to install, if look at the Graco Slimfit. It only rear faces to 40 pounds, but goes taller than the Radian, and your daughter isn't that large that it should make much of a difference either way. TRU/BRU may have it in stock, too.

U

Unregistered

The current fit in our main vehicle isn't horribly tight. But it is close at the cupholders on the current frontier. When I measured it was 57 inches total, edge to edge. Which in theory means 2 boulevards and a frontier will fit. But am well aware it's more about puzzling.

Our tru/bru had such a limited limited selection last time we were in the market for new seats. Possibly because it isn't a stand alone bru? Perks of small town life I guess!

Thank you. I'll take a look at the slim fit today if in store.

U

Unregistered

For anyone coming along and reading this. The BV clicktight and frontier clicktight puzzled nicely. This was not checked by a tech, but were independently secure in all attempts.

Vehicle: 2004 Chevy trailblazer - 57 in seat width
BV RF passenger outboard & frontier center
BV FF passenger outboard & frontier center
frontier (either) outboard & BV FF center (I did not try it RF center.)
We plan to move DD center FF when she outgrows RF and place DS outboard at that time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC