New another seat, Frontier too small??

HEVY

SO I suggested a Britax Frontier to a friend for his almost 4 yr old. The child is big, in every way. I believe he is about 60lbs, tall and wide. They say he doesn't fit in the seat, that his logs go over the cup holders and they don't want to buy a seat that won't last. I don't really understand since my kid was in it until she was 9, 100lbs and wider than he is. So now I need more suggestions, because this friend really wants to just use a booster, which he would have the same problem, width wise. Only thing I could think of is a ride safer vest, I don't think even that would work.

This is also posted on FB

ADS

HEVY

These are the best I can get atm. I don't know why, as much as I tell him he won't raise the headrest, hopefully he will soon. He is 3.10 yrs, 65lbs, and not sure of the height, but tall.

Last edited:

lgenne

Other than the headrest being too low, that doesn't look too small at all. Do they not understand how to raise it, maybe? Or are they concerned about being able to see out the back window?

HEVY

I really don't know what the problem is. When he was here I told him the headrest needed to be higher on the old car seat, he immediately raised it, so he knows how to, but then when he got home he lowered it again. I explained to him why it needs to be raised, not to mention it's got to be digging in his back. I'll find out later if it was raised

lgenne

No, it looks fine. The clicks aren't that close together on the Frontier. They might be able to go down one click, but then they'd have to raise it again soon.

Lovatic24

I would also see if they could move out the crotch strap. It looks really low and could be forcing his legs apart and causing them to cover the cup holders.

HEVY

I would also see if they could move out the crotch strap. It looks really low and could be forcing his legs apart and causing them to cover the cup holders.

I think it's out as far as can be.

So I have to say I absolutely love the click tight, soo jealous they didn't have them when my kids were younger.

I am very proud of my ex, he did a great job on his own, the only thing he did wrong was hook the tether strap to one of the latch hooks, we fixed that and the seat is good to go. He even researched when to tell if your kid is booster ready.

This boy is very large, as mentioned above, 3.10yrs 65lbs and 47-48 inches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC