Recaro performance sport

T

Taygou905

I live in canada and purchased a recaro performance sport car seat from toys r us CANADA website in November. Now I was crossing the border and he mentioned that he wasn't aware these seats were recognized by canada safety standards however it had the French writing and said it was fine but after doing more research I can not find one car seat by the company available in Canada and there's been no communication with me regarding a recall or anything and I've searched with no luck can any one help me with any info on this company seat or why it's no longer available in Canada and if there is one why am I unable to find recall for it

ADS
U

Unregistered

According to this thread https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?286737-Recaro-performance-sport-discontinued Recaro has recently left the child restraint market in the US, which likely means also Canada as well. It explains why you can't find much about the company. Their US site is still up, and has contact info for Canada here http://us.recaro-cs.com/contact

Although there were some recalls on the Canadian version of Performance Ride, I can't find any for the Performance Sport. The seat has proper Canadian approval labels, correct? If so it will be perfectly legal to use.

E

Edgarb75

I have 1 set of them and I was trying to buy more but had no luck finding any so today 9-13-17 I called them the manufacturer in the USA and I asked them what was going on and why I could not find any at any store, so they told me that they not longer supply the U.S. market only Europe.
More likely due to too many U.S. regulations.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC