"Which car seat" help!

Maria Helena

Hi all! I have posted a thread recently and got some good insights on my baby´s selleping through the long night flight.

I live in Brazil, coming to Indianapolis and already got him a seat. But absolutely CAN´T decide on the best car seat to buy. I will have to buy online and have it delivered to my place in Brazil. My time is running out, and i need to make a decision, but I am a newbie in car seats.

Which would be the best carseat for airplane regarding confort? I don´t mind much the weight. I could be on the 19-20-pound-range.

I was thinking about the Evenflo Symphony, or the Graco size4me... any other thoughts on the same price-range?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi!

A big issue is going to be fitting on the plane. The Symphony is unlikely to do so. This blog post has good recommendations. The Size4Me is very similar to the Contender.

How old is your baby and what does he weigh? what airline will you be on?

Maria Helena

Hi!

A big issue is going to be fitting on the plane. The Symphony is unlikely to do so. This blog post has good recommendations. The Size4Me is very similar to the Contender.

How old is your baby and what does he weigh? what airline will you be on?

Hello! Thank you!!

My boy will be 14 months and aroud 20 pounds (he is a skinny baby). We will be flying Delta. We asked for seat dimensions but they are not willing to help on that.

I saw the recommendations on the post but they all seem very unconfortable... Reclining is a big issue for me too as I don´t want his head hanging forwards.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
He won't be able to be a 45 degree angle in any convertible on a plane. There just won't be room.

Most kids don't mind lack of padding honestly. And the head hanging forward isn't a safety issue his age, unless he has special needs?

Maria Helena

No, he doesn't have special needs... but in his present carseat, that is rear faced, the inclination of the seat of my car, makes the carseat leaning forward a little bit, so when he sleeps, the head falls forward. So, I won't be able to recline the seat... even though I am in Confort plus class... maybe I buy a carseat leveler... that one from DIONO? Its like a roll that tilts the carseat to the back.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, you just won't have room. The issue isn't being able to tilt them to a full recline. It's fitting them in that recline. You just won't have the front to back space. The Size4Me is much more compact than the Symphony so it would give you more but a smaller seat will give you even more room to do that.

If you like the Size4Me, it's one of the more compact front-to-back options; the Chicco Nextfit is another compact seat with a lot of padding. The Nuna Rava is pretty compact well from what I've seen.

The head hanging forward is not a safety issue. It usually isn't a comfort issue either but you can always point his head and to the side as he falls asleep help keep it up if desired. In a car any these seats will be able to have a nice deep recline if desired.

Since you're going to want to look at compact front to back for the plane this list may help: https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-u...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC