Question Infant seat for middle (8th) seat Odyssey

kphil

We have a brand new baby, and a Clek Fllo for her to ride in. She's a little over 7 pounds now, and should fit fine in the infant thingy insert, but she just seems too small. The straps dig into her neck on one side and stick off her shoulders on the other. The hip strap are too wide and inflexible to tighten well over her bendy newborn legs. And probably worse, the head wings are too far apart, so when we turn a corner, I have to support her head, because it will flop from one head wing to the other. Obviously, I can't always be sitting next to her, because at some point soon I will need to resume driving myself.

So, I'm now thinking we should get an infant seat to use until she grows into this one. I'm hoping to not get a really expensive one, since I bought an expensive convertible, thinking it would be the only seat we would use until she outgrew it. Whatever seat I get a needs to fit in the second row middle seat of a Honda Odyssey, with enough clearance for seats on each side of it to be able to slide forward to allow back row access. I'm transporting five kids. The Fllo was perfect for this. Is there an infant seat that will allow the same? I'm looking at the Evenflo LiteMax, i'm wondering if that would be a good choice.

ADS

lgenne

So the very cheapest option would be a Cosco Scenera NEXT. It's not an infant seat, but it installs beautifully in the +1 (assuming you're talking about a 2011+ Odyssey) and it fits newborns well, and is narrow enough that the captain's chairs can tumble.

For actual infant seats, the Chicco Keyfit works great there, but is probably more than you are looking to spend. I'm not sure what other infant seats work there.

featherhead

I would suggest talking to Clek about your concerns. I have seen pictures of 5 lb babies fitting well in the infant thingy, so maybe they would have some advice and suggestions for you.

kphil

That's a good idea I hadn't considered. I will try to snap a picture of her in it to show them. I really like the Fllo and think it will work great once she's a little bigger. If we can make it work now as well, all the better

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC