RF convertible in 15 Silverado double cab

F

Fox Mulder

Hello everyone!
I'm trying hard to find a great car seat for my lovely 9 month old daughter. She's 22 pounds, and 29 inches. I did the BRU thing, and didn't love any of the seats. We can get my wife's Chicco Nextfit in ok, RF in the center, however the sides are so high it's hard to get her in and out. I tried an Evenflo Stratos, which fit ok, but I can't find many reviews of it. I didn't try any of the Britax seats, because I really wanted to spend less than they were at BRU, but on Amazon it looks like I could get a G4 reasonably. I'm also intrigued with the Diono seats, but there's no place around to try one, so I'm nervous to just order it. My truck is the double cab, which has 4 doors, but is smaller than a real crew cab.

I'm especially interested in the lower sides, and installing with the angle adjuster. My daughter has good head control, but I worry she won't be comfortable.

Anyone with experience with a Diono in a Silverado, or a Diono with the AA and a younger child, please let me know. Double points for pics of the install in a 14 or newer GM double cab, or comments on younger children RF with the angle adjuster. I'd also welcome input on seats that are known to fit, or are compact front to back. I have read the blog post, which is what started me down the Diono and Britax path.

Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

If you're interested in a low profile seat, I would consider the Graco Milestone, or the very similar Graco Slimfit. I have a Milestone and a couple of Radians. The Milestone is more compact (even with the Angle Adjuster for the Radian) and easier to install and use. It's not quite as low profile, but it comes close. Except for certain tight 3-across scenarios, I would choose a Milestone over a Radian any day of the week.

F

Fox Mulder

Thanks for the info! I tried the slimfit in my truck at BRU and didn't love the way it fit. I don't recall exactly what it was about it (I tried like 10 seats that day!) but it was either how the base fit my seat, or how far the top came between the seats. I should have taken better notes, other than yes or no. Does the milestone have recline adjustments? That seems to be what helps the nextfit work in my truck.

lgenne

Yes it does. Maybe you didn't try the most upright option? It doesn't have as many recline settings as the Nextfit (6 for the Milestone vs...10? for the Nextfit) and there are more restrictions about which reclines you can use for rear facing, but I think there are 4 you should be able to choose from.

Fox Mulder

Any other suggestions from anyone? I'd like to have a couple options in mind when I make the 2 hour drive to BRU. Just for reference for others looking, I looked up the milestone and it does have 4 recline angles, however it looks like 2 are for FF and 2 are for RF. I'm still going to to try it out though, based on the info from lgenne, which sounds like it could be a good option.

lgenne

Oops, you're right. I was confusing it with the Graco Extend2Fit.

Which would also be worth trying, both the base model and the 3-in-1 model. They're not quite as low profile as the Milestone, but they're pretty decent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC