Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee safety - would you get rid of it?

I'm not terribly impressed with the crash test safety ratings on my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It got a Poor on torso for the driver in side impact crashes. http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...-door-suv/2005

What would be a deal breaker for you on the crash test safety for a family vehicle?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee safety - would you get rid of it?

It would not be one I would consider if I was in the market to buy a vehicle. If you already own it, then the decision is more financial of course. Can you afford something safer?

Quote Originally Posted by SafeDad View Post
    It would not be one I would consider if I was in the market to buy a vehicle. If you already own it, then the decision is more financial of course. Can you afford something safer?
    Well, we could certainly sell it and get something different that is more in the 5000-6000 price range. I would like something that is safer, for sure.

I'm not sure if any of these option is in that price range yet, but they might be:

https://carseatblog.com/36903/

It's tough to compare pre-2011 vehicles now, because the NHTSA has removed their crash testing results from older models:-(

That is a very helpful blog post, thank you! I'm going to seriously consider some of those models.

Update: The Jeep is history! I got a 2012 Ford Focus. It's small for car seats in the back but we are making it work. I'm very happy I made the decision to get something safer.

8. Thank You from:

Congrats on the new wheels!