Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Ford F250 2006 safety ratings?

I'm trying to figure out crash test ratings for our truck. It is a 2006 Ford F250 Super Duty full cab. When I search on the iihs.com website, only the F150 is listed on the model list.

Would the F150 ratings be comparable?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Ford F250 2006 safety ratings?

I don't think we can know whether they'd be comparable. The 2006 F250 doesn't seem to have been tested by either IIHS or NHTSA. My understanding is that the F150 is a light duty truck and the F250 is a heavy duty truck. I'm assuming that means there are differences in the chassis, which could affect test results.

Or more accurately, I believe IIHS didn't test it and NHTSA had removed its pre-2011 test results from its website.

Carseat Crazy

It is not listed on this site that has archived scores, either. Just the F150. http://www.informedforlife.org/demos...E2010nov10.pdf
    Vehicles are listed alphabetically within each model year. If there is an earlier model year of that generation, maybe it is there, but I didn't look.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, RF in a 4Ever and a Scenera Next
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyoftheForest View Post
    It is not listed on this site that has archived scores, either. Just the F150. http://www.informedforlife.org/demos...E2010nov10.pdf
    Vehicles are listed alphabetically within each model year. If there is an earlier model year of that generation, maybe it is there, but I didn't look.
    Thanks, that is helpful. I guess the answer is, we'll never really know. At least we have size on our side.