keyfit 30 base movement, infant seat options

wagonlover

I’m having issues with installing the Keyfit 30 base and wanted some advice. I’m looking for a new infant seat for someone who is leaning towards the Keyfit. It would be installed in the middle seat of an Outback with a belt. I was trying my old Keyfit 30 base in the middle seat in a Subaru Legacy for fit (essentially same car). I remember leaning/kneeling on the base and pulling the slack then putting the belt in the lockoff. When I do this, there is really no more slack. When I check for movement at the belt path, initially it seems solid, but then I get many inches of movement side to side. I remember this happening as well. Because of this, I’m leaning towards the Graco Snugride Snuglock 35 DLX with the nice lockoff on the base, though I haven’t tried it yet. This also has lots of compatible strollers. The other part of this is that very occasionally we may need older children in NBB’s next to the infant seat, so I do want a narrow seat. I’ve been looking at lots of seats and would be willing to consider them. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

First I would try the install with a slightly different tightening method. Instead of pushing the base down into the vehicle seat, try pushing it into the back of the vehicle seat. I usually do this by leaning and moving the passenger front seat as far forward as possible to give myself some space. You can do the same with the driver's side if you need more space. Then climb in and use your legs to lean and push to the rear of the vehicle. This tightening method generally gives me much better installs with convertible seats, too. You can do what you usually do, hold the belt tight with your hand, then do the push method on top of it if you still need more tightness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC