Question AWD or 4WD Vehicle Options

Ali

Last summer we moved to the mountains. I have a Mazda 5 which I love, but it was terrible in the snow. I need to purchase a vehicle with AWD or 4WD before this coming winter. I would like to stay away from full-size SUV's, but love having 3 rows. I only have DD12, but often have her friends or cousins in the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ADS

Dillipop

Did you get snow tires for your Mazda? I know ours sucks in the snow but we don't change out the tires. I wonder how it would do with good snow tires on it?

I'd probably look at Subarus, if they have a 3 row option.

Ali

Did you get snow tires for your Mazda? I know ours sucks in the snow but we don't change out the tires. I wonder how it would do with good snow tires on it?

I'd probably look at Subarus, if they have a 3 row option.

I didn't get snow tires. That's a good thought though. I will look into that. Much cheaper and I could keep my car.

MyTwoSons

If you're still looking for vehicle options, I would suggest looking into a Nissan Pathfinder. We purchased one in 2015 while living in Colorado. It had excellent handling in the snow there, and has a high clearance which was nice for driving on roads that had snow ruts in them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC