Question What convertible to buy? - Canada

U

Unregistered

Hi

We've been using an Evenflo Embrace in a 2008 Mazda3 and 2006 Corolla, but he's just outgrowing it for height now. My little guy is already 26lbs and 30" head-to-heel at 9 months.

Could you help me pick a convertible car seat that will let my big guy RF as long as possible? My SIL swears by the R100's, my husband doesn't think they'll fit in our small cars. It doesn't need to switch cars often, we do lots of road trips, but seldom fly. I think that's all the details?

Thanks for helping out a first time mom!
-Sarah

ADS
U

Unregistered

Thanks for posting my question, I think I've read every similar question on your forum and am becoming more confused every day :)
I've thought of a few more details that might help...

- budget of under $300
- I'm only 5'2 and DH is also on the shorter side.
- no other back seat passengers, although we'd love to be in a 3 across situation someday ;)

Thanks so much!
-Sarah

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the reply! I've been looking at the Graco Dimensions 65/Contender 65 because Costco has such a good return policy if the car seat doesn't fit. It's only $229 right now... but I'd rather be looking at a Roundabout. Sounds like they get outgrown quickly?
What makes the Extend2Fit better?

Our big baby is in the middle seat with his Evenflo Embrace 35 still, but there's not enough room for DH to drive!

featherhead

Thanks for the reply! I've been looking at the Graco Dimensions 65/Contender 65 because Costco has such a good return policy if the car seat doesn't fit. It's only $229 right now... but I'd rather be looking at a Roundabout. Sounds like they get outgrown quickly?
What makes the Extend2Fit better?

Our big baby is in the middle seat with his Evenflo Embrace 35 still, but there's not enough room for DH to drive!

I would go ahead and give the Dimensions/Contender a try. The Extend2Fit is "better" because it will give your child more leg room, and also rear-faces to 50 lbs. if your child is of average size, the Contender or Dimensions should be plenty of seat. I'm not sure about the current Roundabout model, but the old ones were outgrown quickly.

U

Unregistered

He's a 98th percentile kind of guy so far... been in 2T since 6 months old! Not sure what will keep him RF the longest, but we just do the best we can :)

It looks to me like the Extend2Fit is only available in the US. Has anybody else seen it for sale in Canada?

Has anybody tried either of the Gracos RF in a 2006 Corolla? Or a 2008 Mazda3?

featherhead

He's a 98th percentile kind of guy so far... been in 2T since 6 months old! Not sure what will keep him RF the longest, but we just do the best we can :)

It looks to me like the Extend2Fit is only available in the US. Has anybody else seen it for sale in Canada?

Has anybody tried either of the Gracos RF in a 2006 Corolla? Or a 2008 Mazda3?
The Extend2Fit is listed on the BabiesRUs website, but I don't think it's available quite yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC