Narrow convertibles (fit airplane aisle)

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
My son will be 3 next week and has outgrown his beloved Scenera Next rf and we will be flying a few times this summer/fall. I really want a seat that will fit down the airplane aisle (fly Southwest exclusively) on the GoGo Babyz cart.

Seats I have: Clek Fllo (narrow but soooo heavy and will never fly with it again), Graco Contender, Britax Pavilion.

I'm fairly certain the Britax and Graco won't fit but is there any chance they would?

Criteria:

Fit down the aisle
As lightweight as possible
Fits rf on plane
As cheap as possible

I'm considering an Evenflo Sonus or Safety 1st guide, any other seats I should be looking at? Does anyone know if they will fit? I'd rather not deal with the weight of Diono which is my last resort.

I'm a single mom and always fly solo so ease of getting through the airport changing planes is a big deal.

Thanks!

ADS

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
Sorry I didn't see the reply! He's not yet 40". He was 34" a year ago at his 2yr appt. his 3yr appt is Monday. I'm guessing 36-37". He's very slim, about 33-34lbs. He has a long torso;) I haven't done an official measurement but I'm fairly certain he is less than 1" from the top of shell. Need to find my 1" board book to test.

lgenne

The Scenera NEXT allows the top of the head to be even with the top of the shell. If he still fits, I'd just use it this time. It's tough to find a better travel seat!

MelodyoftheForest

My daughter is at least 35" and has a long torso (has been outgrowing 3T shirts by length) and she still has a few inches above her head. Let us know how you do with the board book test!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC