Car Seats in a 2016 Chrysler Town & Country

ebmcginn

Unfortunately, we did our research backwards and purchased a vehicle before reading about car seats in the vehicle. We have purchased a 2016 Chrysler Town & Country. It has a third row and 2 captain's chairs (though, I call the bucket seats). We are trying to come up with the best configuration for our kids, since there are only three anchor/tether spots in the vehicle.

Currently, our 2 kids are:

Kid 1: Forward-facing, 4yrs old. He's 41 pounds and 41" tall. He sits in a Diono Radian RXT (with the 5-pt. harness).

Kid 2: Rear-facing, 2 yrs old. She's 26 pounds and 32" tall. She also rides in a Diono Radian RXT.

Within the next year or so, we hope to add to our family. At that time, we would have slightly older children, plus an infant in a Chicco Keyfit 30. I would like to keep the boy harnessed as long as possible, and my daughter rear-facing until she is 3 or outgrows the rear-facing limits of the seat.

Any suggestions for arrangement now (the two kids), and in a year or two (3 kids)?

Thank you!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I would stick with them in the captain's chairs for now, unless you have having installation issues with your seats there. We can try to help with that if you do. I don't have experience with that van, only the older versions, so I am not sure what the best solution would be when you add your third child.

lgenne

Agreed on the captain's chairs for now.

Once #3 comes along, you have options. High level, you can put 2 in captain's chairs and one forward facer in the 3rd row (center or with the offset lower anchors) or stow a captain's chair and put 2 in the 3rd row. I *think* a Keyfit base works outboard 3rd row, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Exactly what will work best is going to depend on your kids' ages and sizes, and things will change when the baby outgrows the infant seat, etc. We'll be here to answer specifics when you know more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC