Trying to uninstall Evenflo Tribute LX

regulardad

Hi folks,

To remove the Evenflo Tribute LX, I need to loosen the strap that connects it to the latch anchors. I have found this impossible. The manual says to "tilt and slide" the adjuster. I tilt it and am unable to slide it. The angle between the two portions of the belt on either side of the adjuster is very sharp, which makes it difficult to slide. Also, the adjuster is jammed up against the back of the car seat (i.e. the grownup seat) as shown in the picture.

Is the adjuster supposed to just 'tilt', or does it somehow pop open with enough force?

Any other advice for getting this car seat removed?

I have tried rotating the car seat toward the adjuster side to attempt to gain some slack to work with.

I have been known to be frustrated by car seats, but this is the worst experience to date. I have wrist issues, shoulder issues, etc. and this has been physically painful.

Thank you for any help.

regulardad

Attachments

• IMG_1855.png
    IMG_1855.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 34
ADS

Beloved

Put your weight in the seat with a knee so that the latch strap is loose, then tilting the adjuster should allow it to slide. Also make sure the "tail" of the strap is lined up with the adjuster. Hope it helps.

regulardad

Thanks - I have been trying putting all my weight on the seat to loosen the strap but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Are you confirming that the adjuster only 'tilts' (i.e. it doesn't pop open)?

lgenne

Make sure that the loose tail of the strap is parallel to the section of the strap right next to it, too. In the picture, at least, it's at a very different angle.

And no, it doesn't pop open.

aeormsby

Are you able to recline the vehicle seat at all? That could give you a little more slack to work with to get it started with loosening. And definitely lining up the loose tail so that it is inline with the tight part of the strap. The basic style latch connectors can be difficult to loosen depending on the seat & vehicle geometry as your finding.

regulardad

I got it out tonight. Thanks for all the input. A couple things I learned:

1. I had to not only put a knee on the seat, but to use all my weight (i.e. make sure the other leg isn't resting on the floor) -- and to put that weight all the way in the corner of the carseat near the adjuster.

2. I was not able to slide the adjuster even after tipping it. Instead I pulled on the belt against the adjuster and finally got it to start moving after finding the right angle, which took some trial and error.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC