3 car seats in Volvo XC60

U

Unregistered

Hi there -

I have a Volvo XC60 with two car seats installed (Britax Pinnacle G1 and Britax Advocate Clicktight). I need to add a 3rd seat - an infant seat. I need helping figuring out which infant seats will fit with the two I already have installed. Thanks!!

ADS
U

Unregistered

Thank you.
5 year old in the pinnacle is 39 lbs, 43 inches
3 year old in the advocate clicktight is 27 lbs, 37 inches.
both forward face.

i love both these seats b/c they are so easy to install, and have lots of comforts.
thanks for your help!!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd look for both kids at the Graco Tranzitions/Wayz and Harmony Defender. Those are all narrow.

Then for the baby I'd look at the Chicco KeyFit, Graco Snugride 30/35 Click Connect, Britax B Safe 35/35 Elite, GB Asana DLX. Those are all narrow.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

thanks! Do you ever recommend the clek foonf or the radian, or are those not the right types of seats to go with for the 3 and 5 year olds?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend them for forward facing kids. Why buy two expensive seats that will last a LOT less time than the Gracos or Harmony? You're buying a seat to use half, rather than spending a third or a half to use far more.

Wendy

Cnidaria

The XC60 has fixed headrests in the back seat that tilt forward, yes? So you may need forward-facing seats that permit a gap between them and the vehicle seat, or that happen to be shaped just right to fit the vehicle seat.

Also, it would likely make sense to get one convertible and one combination seat. The baby's going to need something to rear-face in when he/she outgrows the infant seat. So in a year or so you'd get a booster for the then-6 yo, pass the combination seat to the 4 yo, and pass the convertible to the baby for rear-facing use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC