Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Good cars for Diono Radian without angle adjuster?

We are looking at getting a new car, hopefully a minivan but we are open to SUVs too.

We have a rear facing Diono, and due to my daughters low tone, we can't use an angle adjuster with it. Any ideas for cars that can accommodate the Diono without having to move the front seat too far up? Our Honda CRV is miserable . My husband and I are both tall so we'd like to be able to have the front seat fairly far back. Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Good cars for Diono Radian without angle adjuster?

Do you need the Diono for its low profile? Would you be open to other car seats?

The 2011+ Honda Odyssey is a fantastic minivan in general. I have a rear facing Radian behind the passenger seat with an angle adjuster. The passenger seat can go all the way back, but there's maybe 1/2" of space between them. There's a center seat in the 2nd row that gives you TONS of front to back space (rear facing seats go between the captain's chairs in the first row) but the Radian is incompatible in that spot. There are long lasting rear facing seats that work there, though.

The other minivan that technically meets your requirements: the Town & Country/Caravan accommodates a rear facing Radian without angle adjuster in the captain's chairs, but it does so by having steeply angled captain's chairs, making the Radian very upright even without the angle adjuster. So it probably doesn't really meet your needs.