Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Pathfinder Question

I currently lease a 2016 Ford Escape, we have just over 1 year left on our lease so we are starting to look at options. We have 1 son who is 2.5 and rides in a Britax Frontier. We are hoping to foster/adopt a 2nd child but we will not (most likely) have more than 2 kids. But I am also looking at scenarios when we could be watching a cousin or friend so I really want the 3rd row. I'm not opposed to vans but am really hoping to stay with a suv. My husband gets a discount on certain brands and Nissan is one of them and I really like the Pathfinder.

So my question....i know some vehicles have issues/incompatibilities with car seats. Is there anything I should be aware of? Am I right in assuming we most likely wouldn't have any issues fitting up to 3/4 kids in car seats/boosters? At most only 1 would be rear facing most likely....

I live in a very snowy/hilly state so I really want SUV, something that performs well in snow. Often we are needing to be out before roads are all plowed etc. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Pathfinder Question

I love our Pathfinder! We have a '15 Pathfinder that we purchased when we used to live in Colorado. It performs very well in the snow, and has a high clearance which was helpful when we were on roads with snow ruts. We've had a Britax Frontier as well as a variety of boosters installed in it with no problems. I haven't had anything except no-back boosters in the 3rd row, so I can't guarantee no issues there with other types of seats due to the fixed headrests in that row.