Need help w/Boulevard install in 3 across or new seat rec

perrymelis

Our 2nd vehicle is an 06 Accord. We haven't had to put all 3 kids in that vehicle yet, but will have to soon when our Oddessy goes in for repairs. My tall 1.5 yo would be in a 2011 Boulevard RF (exp 6/17) and the other 2 kids in Graco Turboboosters. I have tried to puzzle these seats together but my problem is this:
a) The Boulevard expires in June (so obv it can be used for this short term repair situation, but not long term).
b) I can't get a tight install rear facing w/car seatbelt (even w/lock off). Could be the slippery leather seats... There is no center latch. I don't think the outboard latch can be borrowed, although they seem very close to the center.
c) The turboboosters are impossible to buckle when they are next to each other and not that easy even w/RF Boulevard in center. The sides of the backseat slope inward and push the seats toward the center.

I am open to buying a new seat for 1.5 yo. It would be nice if it could be a seat she can use for a couple years (height is a factor...99% percentile). I can go to Babies R Us and try some out soon. If that's my only option I'd love some rec's, bc I'm getting annoyed with how much time I've spent trying to figure this out😣 TIA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ADS

lgenne

Are you open to getting narrower boosters, too? The TB is narrow overall, but not any narrower near the buckle than on the rest of the seat. Are they high back or backless TBs?

For a convertible, if you need to buckle boosters next to it I would look at the Graco Contender or Graco Size4Me. They are fairly narrow overall, and sit up on an even narrower base. They also are compact front to back and accommodate even tall skinny children up to 40 pounds RF.

perrymelis

Are you open to getting narrower boosters, too? The TB is narrow overall, but not any narrower near the buckle than on the rest of the seat. Are they high back or backless TBs?

For a convertible, if you need to buckle boosters next to it I would look at the Graco Contender or Graco Size4Me. They are fairly narrow overall, and sit up on an even narrower base. They also are compact front to back and accommodate even tall skinny children up to 40 pounds RF.
They are in high back TBs. No option to backless yet. I will try the Graco seats and see if I have any luck. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lgenne

Ok. There are HBBs out there that work better for buckling 3 across, primarily the Harmony Dreamtime. The TBs may work with a different convertible in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC