Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Need help w/Boulevard install in 3 across or new seat rec

Our 2nd vehicle is an 06 Accord. We haven't had to put all 3 kids in that vehicle yet, but will have to soon when our Oddessy goes in for repairs. My tall 1.5 yo would be in a 2011 Boulevard RF (exp 6/17) and the other 2 kids in Graco Turboboosters. I have tried to puzzle these seats together but my problem is this:
    a) The Boulevard expires in June (so obv it can be used for this short term repair situation, but not long term).
    b) I can't get a tight install rear facing w/car seatbelt (even w/lock off). Could be the slippery leather seats... There is no center latch. I don't think the outboard latch can be borrowed, although they seem very close to the center.
    c) The turboboosters are impossible to buckle when they are next to each other and not that easy even w/RF Boulevard in center. The sides of the backseat slope inward and push the seats toward the center.

I am open to buying a new seat for 1.5 yo. It would be nice if it could be a seat she can use for a couple years (height is a factor...99% percentile). I can go to Babies R Us and try some out soon. If that's my only option I'd love some rec's, bc I'm getting annoyed with how much time I've spent trying to figure this out😣 TIA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Need help w/Boulevard install in 3 across or new seat rec

Are you open to getting narrower boosters, too? The TB is narrow overall, but not any narrower near the buckle than on the rest of the seat. Are they high back or backless TBs?

For a convertible, if you need to buckle boosters next to it I would look at the Graco Contender or Graco Size4Me. They are fairly narrow overall, and sit up on an even narrower base. They also are compact front to back and accommodate even tall skinny children up to 40 pounds RF.

4. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    Are you open to getting narrower boosters, too? The TB is narrow overall, but not any narrower near the buckle than on the rest of the seat. Are they high back or backless TBs?

For a convertible, if you need to buckle boosters next to it I would look at the Graco Contender or Graco Size4Me. They are fairly narrow overall, and sit up on an even narrower base. They also are compact front to back and accommodate even tall skinny children up to 40 pounds RF.
    They are in high back TBs. No option to backless yet. I will try the Graco seats and see if I have any luck. Thanks!

CPS Fanatic

Ok. There are HBBs out there that work better for buckling 3 across, primarily the Harmony Dreamtime. The TBs may work with a different convertible in the center.

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    Ok. There are HBBs out there that work better for buckling 3 across, primarily the Harmony Dreamtime. The TBs may work with a different convertible in the center.
    Good call. Thank you!