Plane & Car Rental plans for 2.5 and 5 year old

NYAVGUY

Hi,

I am planning on bringing my Britax Boulevard G3 on the plane and to use for the car rental for my 2.5 year old, which I think all would agree with. I have a CARES harness just in-case the fit is too tight. His 5-year old brother will be in the seat in front of him so no worry about reclining issues and leg room.

For my 5-year old (43lbs, 44"), he will just use the lap belt. At home he normally sites in a Britax Frontier or Graco Nautilus with harness (he is getting close to the shoulder limit of the Graco). When with Grandparents he is now using a Graco Affix highback booster, so we are bringing that with us. If we were doing any long car rides where he would sleep, I would consider lugging one of the harnessed seats, but we are only doing short drives nearby.

Should I consider bringing one of his normal big seats for a short 4-day trip?

I am also following the advise on everyone here and plan to gate check whatever I bring. If I were to check the Graco Nautilus, that would make things easier, but I would expect to get it back with cracked foam on the head and other unknown damage.

Thanks

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think your plan is fine, though I'd take the Affix apart. Pack the back, and carry the no back portion on board. It can be stowed in the overhead, or under the seat at your child's feet. That will ensure you have a usable seat for both kids at your arrival. If you gate check the whole thing, there's still a chance it can be lost or damaged.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC