Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Non escape child harness

My DD is now 10 and does not need a booster seat any longer. I drive a Chrysler Town and Country van with a captains chair in the second row. She has a shoulder/lap belt and a device so she can't unbuckle.

Problem: she now slides under the belts and can escape her seat that way. She can't not sit still and is moving all the time. I'm looking for a rear fastening harness that will keep her safe while I'm driving. I have seen a few suggestions but they seem to be in other countries. This is concerning and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Non escape child harness

Did she stay in the booster, does she still fit?
    There are a few on here.
    https://www.especialneeds.com/shop/s...lt-guards.html

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Does she have any special needs?

You might consider putting her back into a booster, like the Britax Parkway, that has the secure guard clip. It wouldn't be hard to undo the clip but it is between the legs and may take her a bit longer where you can pull over and get her back into her seat safely.

CCO 4/15

E-Z on harness.
    Boy A, 6, Girl M, 6, Girl C, 5,
    Girl B, 4, Girl L, 2.5, Girl F, 2, Girl E, 5 months
    Sureride, Securekid 400, Milestone, Pioneer, and Bubble Bum