pre-school car seats.

U

Unregistered

The school provides transportation for the kids in vehicles with carseats. Which is good. But my consern was that i have no idea when the carseats were manufactured. You can not adjust the straps while the seats are installed... So... The straps are so loose to accommodate for bigger kids.
I suppose my question to you is; do you know when Graco stopped using rear strap adjusters for forward facing seats?
Im hoping i can find a solution without raising <bleeped> with the school. Lol its only my son's second day.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

babyherder

I would start by asking the transportation company for the name and dates of manufacture and expiration for the seats. I'm guessing they are expired but I'm not sure. Can you provide a seat for your son? He should not ride in those seats again assuming the straps are too loose.

U

Unregistered

Unfortunately i cannot provide my own. I dont have the money to essentially donate a seat. Which if i wasnt an unemployed stay at home mom id do just that. Id find a way to replace all of the seats they are currently using. Im curios as to why other parents/teachers/staff haven't noticed that its even issue.
Its going to eat at me until i figure this out. Not just for my son but for the other children as well.

DogznKatz

My guess is that they are old Graco Cargos. The rear adjust was horrid, though I rather liked it with front adjust. It has a 40# harness limit.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do you have a local Safe Kids chapter? Or local hospital with an injury prevention group? If so, perhaps you can enlist their help in evaluating the seats/usage and they might even have resources to assist the school in replacing them.

brooksfamily

I see this a lot at my school. We have a Title 1 pre-k and Pre-k AU class, plus a self-contained K class. Most of these kids are brought to school with private transportation companies, which the school district contracts with.

Last year it was what you are describing, very obviously expired seats with harnesses not adjusted correctly. This year they have all the kids riding in LBB regardless of age (some kids are 3) and/or weight. I asked my principal and he told me to leave it be, and this year I've been given a different duty so I don't have carpool duty anymore.

My suggestion would be the same as above. Look for a local group who can support you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC