Question Would you turn him?

Would you turn him ff?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
My son will be 5 yo in 1 month.
He is a happy rider rf in his sunshine kids radian.
He is 35 pounds, 39 inches (3rd percentile).
He has TON of room in his radian.
My husband and I don't have preference about rf or ff.
If he were your son, would you turn him ff?

ADS

krasota

My daughter just turned five last month and is smaller than your son. I turned her this month in one vehicle. She's very happy. She'd likely fit in her Radian until it expires when she turns eight, but that would be overkill.

She's still RF in the other vehicle, but only because I lost the safestop. I ordered a new one, so I might go turn that seat soon, too.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If he still fits, you don't care and he doesn't care, I wouldn't bother.

If he wants to turn I would go ahead, as long as it installs properly ff in your vehicle.

goldentwig

I'm the same boat as you. My son turns 5 at the end of May and is about 36 lbs last I checked. He doesn't complain about RF in our Honda Odyssey in his Diono Ranier b/c he's knows it's safer, but he is so happy FF when he rides in my husband's car with his sister's Frontier HBB or the same in the grandparents' car. My biggest concern is about Kindergarten in the fall. Is that going to be really awkward for him if he has to climb out of his RF seat over his RF baby brother's seat to get out in the morning for carpool drop off? (His sister is in the third row and has to move the middle passenger seat to get out, so we can't move him to that passenger door side.) I know RF is ALWAYS safer for forever, but at what age are their bones "ossified" or whatever? Is 5.25 years old enough to justify FF? He could be in Second Grade before he hits the 50 lb. RF limit of this seat!! 😳

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If there's a convenience reason I'd have no hesitation turning a 5 year old. Or a 4 year old.

Thank you everyone for your answers.
I think I will continue rf until September then I will turn him ff.
My son will begin school this autumn. I wouldn't want that other childs laugh at him because they see him rf.

cookie123

I was going to suggest leaving him through the summer. It's so easy to rear face in summer clothes. Lol! At 6 I would forward face for school anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC